Pages

Friday 6 November 2015

Makeup Revolution Haul

After taking advantage of the Halloween offer at the weekend my parcel arrived today from Makeup Revolution which I thought I would share with you.

For those of you that haven't heard of Makeup Revolution, where have you been? Get yourselves over to their website or down to your nearest Superdrug and check them out. They are an inexpensive make up brand that do dupes of the high end brands very well. They also claim to be cruelty free however they do not appear on the leaping bunny list (which if you don't know about go and read this article here by LBQ).

Anyway without further ado here it is:
The Haul


Excellent Packaging












 
This all started because having seen an email with an offer code and knowing I wanted a new matte blush for the winter I headed over to MUR website and £42.45 later (well actually minus 10% the total was actually £33.05 including shipping) 12 products where winging their way to me.

After reading some blogs and looking at swatches I went for "The Matte Blush" in Fusion which is a soft nude pink and is very soft and blendable, shown in the picture as a harsh swatch on the left and blended out softly on the right.

  Blush swatch              Contour - Normal Light       Contour - with flash

I then had a peruse of the new section and finally added the contour palette (after months of deliberating) to my basket after reading some really good reviews. It appears to be a very good multitasker with both dark and light matte and highlight shades that can double up as eyeshadows. Just from swatching the products onto the back of my hand they seem very soft and pigmented and I can't wait to try it out.

I also selected the Pro Blend Sponge to try as I have been really enjoying using my Real Techniques make up sponge and wanted to try others on the market. It seems soft but as I have yet to use it I really can't comment on whether it is actually good yet so I will report back.

I purchased several eye products which included an eyeshadow single in Temptress which is a rich leafy green with shimmer. I think this colour will be gorgeous as a liner with a smoky brown eye.

I also selected two of their eye dusts (i.e. loose pigments) in the shades Dynamic (rust/bronze) and Agonise (silver/taupe) which I think are really pretty and are an easy way to add a pop of colour to the eye.

The last eye product that I picked up was the Rose Gold Awesome Metals Eyeshadow which I am curious to try. It comes with a liquid eye primer and a mixing tray (though nothing to do the mixing with!). The shadow is slightly gel like in texture and a gorgeous colour that is more straight gold.



I also picked up two lip products. The I ♡ Make Up Lip Lava in Tremor after seeing Miss Budget Beauty talking about it and Salvation Intense Lacquer in "nothing like you and I" (which sadly broke the second time I opened it so whilst it is still usable it is no longer portable) Tremor is a typical pretty pink that isn't too bright and the lacquer is a "my lips but better" type shade with peach/coral undertones. I hope they will both wear well.

I took the opportunity to purchase a few products from the recently added DGJ organics range and will do a full post on those soon, all I can say at the moment is that they smell rather nice.

I can't wait to try everything out and will hopefully do an update at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment